Who is the Delaware Suicide Prevention Coalition?
In Delaware, someone dies by suicide about every four days. More than 2.5 times as many deaths are attributable to suicide each year as to homicide, and among those aged 15-24, suicide is the third-leading cause of death.
The Suicide Prevention Coalition began efforts in 2004 and enlisted multiple state, private and nonprofit organizations to participate in the effort.
Our ultimate mission is to:
- Raise awareness that suicide is a preventable public health problem
- Enable the behavioral and social changes necessary to reduce suicidal ideation and attempts
DE Suicide Prevention Coalition MEMBERS
Chabereth Ministries, Inc.
Christiana Care Health System
DE Child Death, Near Death, Stillbirth Commission
DE Department of Corrections
DE Department of Education
DE Department of Health and Social Services
- Division of Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities
- Delaware Crisis Intervention Services
- Division of Public Health
- Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
DE Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families
- Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services
DE Department of Veterans Affairs
DE National Guard
DE River & Bay Authority
Delaware State University
Mental Health Association in DE
Mid Atlantic Behavioral Health
NAMI – DE
Steps for Steph
University of Delaware
- Center for Counseling and Student Development
- Center for Drug and Alcohol Studies
Wilmington University, Community Counseling
For more information
For more information on the Delaware Suicide Prevention Coalition, contact: Jennifer Seo at 302-654-6833 ext. 17 or